Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sam Hankins (TV Takeaway)

My name is Sam. When I found out I was going to be writing a bio post, I said that there wasn't anything interesting about me, but that's not quite true. I'm a scriptwriter and a student of English, Spanish, theatre, and media studies. My focus on my blog, TV Takeaway, has been analysis of television and film.

I will be adding links to my final project materials as I write them, but I will definitely write a theory description of "Standards in the Making: Composing with Metadata in Mind" and illustrations of "Standards in the Making," "Re-Inventing Invention: A Performance in Three Acts," and "Scholarship on the Move: A Rhetorical Analysis of Scholarly Activity in Digital Spaces."

  • "Scholarship on the Move" - Using my own blog and the tumblelog of Screwball Ninja as examples, I discuss the role of digital scholarship in discussions of television.
  • "Standards in the Making" - I explain how the layout of the popular website TVTropes.org makes serendipitous findings possible. (Read the theory description here.)
  • "Re-Inventing Invention" - I use the Random Logline Generator to show how creative juxtaposition works.

No comments:

Post a Comment