Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Kailee Snyder: Student, Blogger, Nerd and Hacker



Hello! My name is Kailee Snyder and I am a student, blogger, nerd and hacker. I decided to take this class because I love learning about theory and I wanted to learn how literary theory fits into the world of blogging and other newer forms of composing. The blog that I started for this class and the one that I still post on today is titled Dare to Dream Infinitely. In this blog I talk about all things Harry Potter, form literary theory, to crafts, to fashion, and everything in between. 

For this class project I talked about three chapters and their theories. The first chapter was Where Ya At? Composing Identity Through Hyperlocal Narratives. I wrote a summary about the chapter as well as an example of the theory in practice on other class blogs. 

The second chapter I wrote about was Mr. Secrets: Multimodality’s Complex Invitation to Remake Text, Meaning, and Audience. For this chapter I looked at a web site that satisfies the need for a culturally relevant example and my need to be nerdy.

The final chapter I worked on was No Theory But For Practice: Born, Multimedia, & the Avant-Garde.  In this example reinforced my nerdy-ness and again used one of my favorite sites as an example of mixed media in the new age of composition. 

Thank you so much for sharing in our learning!

-Kailee Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment